Total Pageviews

Friday, July 01, 2011

Summer time...


Morning world. This time Friday morning was taken up with dishes. Been waking at 4 am each morning for quite some time. Excuse is to go the gym. However, need some motivation to get there. For a while I was changing my clothes but not making it past the computer. Well, not for a while but since I didn't have anymore paid sessions with my trainer. Can't get over the shyness of going there alone and feeling stupid. I don't relish the fact that every time I go in there I still feel lost.

I did turn on exercise TV yesterday and my girlfriend had this body fat indicator proving that yes, I'm getting flabby thighs again despite keeping my weight in a healthy range, my body fat was still at 30. (Slightly overweight). Yuck! As that means I am also probably not eating right to get like this.

Why worry, you might say. Because there is heart disease in my family. Because I have diabetes. That's why. So exercise for me it key. Not just to stay healthy, but for a healthy sense of me. That's right, self esteem that comes from knowing I have somethings in life for which I have control. You and I know there is so much in life we can't control. Generally, I can control what I put in my mouth. How I ask at 5 am can I get myself going and out the door to the gym?

So its Friday and the cusp of the three day Fourth of July weekend. That means we might go see the fireworks or watch the local parade. It's suppose to be over 104 on Monday; weather for shorts, hotdogs, and tank-tops. Oh know, another reason to work-out. Yikes. Bar bells here I come.

No comments: