Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

Perseverance

Already started off the day "on the wrong foot" by waking up with a stuffed up nose. Grabbed the wrong pair of glasses off the dresser and can't see the screen and then to top it off the coffee maker decided it wanted a divorce from the basket and poured coffee and grounds all over my cluttered kitchen counter.

Lovely day what? If this is all that will happen I can go on and forget the little nuances that are my life. I'm comfortable that they don't concern the world. They shouldn't. Nothing to complain about, yet she still can ramble on they'd say.

So, I made another pot of coffee, finished washing up the cups from yesterday and made a poached egg to go with my whole=wheat muffin. This is Friday, I found my glasses.

Whew.. It really has been a production week, convinced (or nagged) my kid enough so she went to both of her doctor's appointments. Me driving her once and she taking the bus on her own. She's on spring break from college and is much less stressed and a little manic. I'm doing the best I can at work. Continuing to fight a cold, around people coughing, went to the gym once on my own. Still not quite got that discipline down. Working on quite a few fires at work and none seem under control. Will not quit, though.

Just isn't in my nature. Thank you, daddy for teaching me perseverance.This last is a picture of my great-grandma Minnie and greatgrandpa George Washington Bryant...She was a gardener, taught piano, loved her dogs and her chewing tobacco. He worked at a GM factory and died pretty early. These pictures make me realize where we really get our character from and though there are many types in each family. We choose, I chose to follow us working stiffs.
Getting dressed, heading for the shower. Its' FRIDAY!

No comments: