Total Pageviews

Friday, May 08, 2015

to the wash

Thunderous Thursday is past now. I took the day off to take delivery of my new washer and dryer. As I sat waiting with the screen door open a cool breeze let in a little fresh air. Then the sky grew darker and I began to hear the rumble, what a delight. No running for storm shelters for me, but all the same it was rain. We had it coming down at last. It was a momentous moment like a drumroll inviting in the day and I was there to hear you a clap of clouds and then they came the two men to put the appliances in place so that I might wash the clothes that had piled up since we last had to go lug all the backets down to the local laundromat. So glad that's over. So Friday is here and I'm on my way back to work. No rain today.

No comments: