Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Irritation at the Universe

Last night I was watching a You-Tube video and in it were two friends, who were going at each other explaining on a radio station (on the air) how one hated the other now that they had become a successful actor-comedian and not just the plain struggling comedian he had known at first.

He must not have been that famous because I can't remember his name now for the life of me.  However, the video stuck in my head last night as I woke at 3:20 am and instead of falling back to sleep began to think about a friend who I've begun to hate on.  I know that is bad, after all I love her and the little things she says are the things that are irritating and I just wish she'd realize on her own how they rub me the wrong way, but I just let her say them and have been trying to ignore it.

She complains about the time she wakes up and can't go back to sleep and when I try to reassure her she always makes it an excuse for how its the job that does it to her and the bringing the work home that nags on her so she gets up to work.  In other words, I'm getting up because I'm doing it for fun.
I guess that is true enough. I'd do the work if they had given me the job and shut-up about it. I hate people who complain about what they get once they have what they asked.

She get more money than we do, so I think she knew what she was in for by applying for a managers job.  They get free time in other times we have to work - so isn't she just rubbing her job in our faces?

She should be glad she has been worthy enough to be given the opportunity. It's nothing to complain about it's part of the territory. Like young mothers who complain they don't get enough sleep, but they are getting paid for that in the love and cuddly babies cuteness 24/7.  The baby smell is pay enough for a few months of sleepless nights. I'd take that job again in a minute, I only got to do it twice, and then they grow up and they'll remember the cuteness and the smell, not the sleepless nights.

I get these early mornings and they are a gift to myself,  I get to write. I get the living room with no TV blaring in the background and I get a chance to see if any news has been posted at the social and news media sites I follow. Life is good right now, except for the crime of the mean streets and I thank god I live where its not hit my doorstep, yet.  The war is still over there for the most part, We're blessed that our military keeps it at bay. The drought's bad, and eventually we will have to move away unless they figure out how to get us more water. We used to be able to feed the world from this valley, now noone seems to care. If I had a friend who got it, she'd complain about that there's not enough people to help her and maybe that's what she wants to say, she wished we could all work the long hours together on these projects. But hey, I'm being a hater right now, feeling bad that I have a friend who makes me feel jealous of her plot in life, not sympathetic.

I guess, to be good I'd feel a little more empathy for her plite.

No comments: